Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Been dumped?

A new book is born!

THE COMEBACK by Marlene Perez

Congratulations, Marlene! And to celebrate, we are asking all of you out there to be brave and fess up--have you ever been dumped? Answer the questions at the bottom of the post. Yes, misery does love company.

And to sweeten the misery, three random posters will receive a free signed copy of The Comeback! (Isn't the cover gorgeous?) Here is a little snip of what it's about:

Sophie Donnelly is one half of the most popular and powerful couple in school, until new girl Angie Vogel shows up and compromises everything. Angie steals Sophie's starring role in the school play, and, worse, her super-popular boyfriend. Sophie has been quickly dispatched to social Siberia, but not for long--she'll do anything it takes to make a triumphant comeback.


The Book Muncher says: "There's something undeniably endearing about her character despite her all-consuming and sometimes desperate desire to be the top of the social food chain. It's probably because all of us have felt some degree of Sophie's jealousy before."

You got that right!

So here are your questions:

1. Have you ever been dumped?
2. What did you do?
3. How long did it take you to get over it?
4. Looking back now, was it for the best?

Brave Bonus question:

5. Have you ever been the dumper? Did you feel bad?

Let's hear it!

****************************************************************************
The posters who have won the random drawing for a signed copy of THE COMEBACK are jpetroroy, MotherReader, and Alissa.
Please e-mail Marlene at marlene@marleneperez.com with your snail mail address to receive your prize.

10 comments:

jpetroroy said...

1. Yep.
2. Cried, complained to friends.
3. Hm...a few months.
4. Of course it was for the best. That was in high school and I'm married to the love of my life now :)
5. Yes, I was, but I couched it as, "you're going off to school, so we should be friends." Didn't feel bad--it was only a few months of a relationship!
jpetroroy@gmail.com

MotherReader said...

1. A few times.
2. In my "best" dumped moment, I calmly walked out with a "Well, I guess this is it then." I drove a mile away, and then pulled over and cried.
3. A few months.
4. Soon afterwards I dated a guy I might not have dated if I hadn't needed a boost after the self-esteem shredding I'd received. (He had made a bad first impression on me, but I gave him a second chance.) That guy became my husband and we've been together for almost twenty years. So I'd say it was for the best.
5. More often than I care to think about and I always felt bad.

Alissa Grosso said...

1. Yes.
2. Bawled my eyes out. Took time off for work, then got on a plane to Texas to desperately try and patch things up.
3. Went through an on again off again for entirely too long, because I am an idiot.
4. Absolutely.
5. Yes and I didn't feel bad at all. He was a compulsive liar and a psycho. I only felt bad that it took me so long to get around to getting rid of him.

Anonymous said...

1. Yes! By my very first boyfriend! I was 14.
2. I cried and moped around and hoped he would realize the error of his ways.
3. Three months.
4. Yes, all for the best. I knew even then he wasn't the love of my life.
5. Yes, I was the dumper for the next boyfriend, but I wasn't very good at it. I had to dump him twice to make it stick. The first time I felt bad (and he talked me out of it) and the second time, I just felt RELIEF!

Buckeye4Books said...

1. Oh yes.
2. Cried. A LOT. A couple times we got back together after a week, and that usually lasted another week before we realized it was a mistake.
3. It's always different, but I'm an emotional person, so usually a couple months; they were long relationships to recover from. Life has to go on in the meantime.
4. Always. Usually at the time I knew it too, but it still hurt.
5. Yes. I felt horrible. Both were nice guys but just not for me.

Unknown said...

1. unfortunatley
2. secluded myself from everyone
3. almost a year (i have delicate emotions)
4. yeah it wasi moved on to bigger and better things
5. yeah i have and i felt terrible

Isabel said...

1. Have you ever been dumped?
Yes.
2. What did you do?
Cried and actually kept to myself, I put on a brave face.
3. How long did it take you to get over it?
A couple of months.
4. Looking back now, was it for the best?
OH, YES it was! Thank you powers that be.

Brave Bonus question:

5. Have you ever been the dumper? Did you feel bad?
No, I've always been the dumpee, :(

Isabel said...

Congrats on the book, Ms. Perez! :)

MarPerez said...

Hi, there,

The posters who have won the random drawing for a signed copy of THE COMEBACK are jpetroroy, MotherReader, and Alissa.

Please e-mail me at marlene@marleneperez.com with your snail mail address to receive your prize.

nadine said...

I've never been dumped. =)